We are seeking a motivated and passionate person for the role of part time (up to 2.5days/week) Local Landcare Coordinator based in the Walgett district.
(Maternity Relief: 27/3/2017 – 30/3/2018).
The successful candidate will work closely with landholders and farming and Landcare groups across the Walgett Shire and surrounding areas to improve their capacity to support and increase community engagement and effectively participate in natural resource management and sustainable agriculture.
The successful candidate will be employed by the North West Plains Sustainability Group Inc, and will increase the capacity of our organisation to:
- support and increase community engagement
- extend coverage and provide support to more groups, networks and landholders
- undertake planning, develop partnerships and secure resourcing through project
grants and other sources
- monitor, evaluate and report on their projects and activities
- improve financial sustainability and long-term viability by sourcing external funds
- effectively participate in natural resource management activities that address critical agricultural sustainability and environmental issues
- link to programs of Local Land Services and other Government agencies and
organisations to develop on-ground natural resource management projects, in line with regional and state strategies.
Attendance at meetings outside of normal work hours may be required. Travel around the region and infrequent travel and overnight stays intra and interstate will be required.
For Position Description & Selection Criteria or further information please contact: Robyn Walters – ph: 0458 284 243 or Jemma Hartog – ph: 0428 285 211
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 1st March, 2017.