GILGANDRA SHIRE COUNCIL
Council invites applications for the following employment opportunities:
MANAGER AGED CARE
Cooee Lodge Aged Care Facility
Closing Date: 2 June 2017 – 5.00pm
Salary Range: $1959.68 to $2351.60 / week
All other terms and conditions of employment as per Local Government (State) Award 2014
Cooee Lodge is seeking a motivated and experienced Aged Care Manager looking to bring their existing skills and knowledge to this key management position.
Servicing more than 60 beds & aged care packages this role encompasses a broad spectrum of responsibilities from ensuring the delivery of exceptional care adherence to accreditation standards, handling personnel and staff retention as well as providing leadership and effective change management.
- An ability to understand and work with Aged Care Legislation, Accreditation and Funding (ACFI) including experience in finance & budgets
- Previous Aged Care experience
- Previous management and leadership skills (min of 5 years exp)
- Good understanding of continuous improvement, HR, WHS and Risk Management
- A customer service focus with an empathy for the elderly
- Current Class C Driver’s licence
- Qualifications or experience in business or finance strategic planning
- Previous Quality Management experience
- Experience working with Indigenous Australians with an emphasis on working in Aged Care
- Current Registered Nurse (AHPRA accredited)
- Current first aid certificate or willingness to obtain
What’s on offer
- Attractive salary and
- Supportive team environment
- Chance to make your mark with this developing organisation.
Further information, a copy of the position description and an information package may be obtained by contacting Mr Matthew Wilson, Director Community Development & Services, or the HR Section of Council on 02 6817 8800.
Applicants will need to address the essential and desirable criteria in their letter of application as well providing the contact details of two recent referees.
Applicants are also invited to visit our web site – www.gilgandra.nsw.gov.au
P O Box 23 GILGANDRA NSW 2827