It’s usually right about this time of year – after the chaos of the summer holidays dies down and life takes on its more regular rhythm, that we start to get a bit reflective. Questions pop into our minds at odd moments – while stuck in gridlocked traffic you hear: Is this relentless rat race all there is to life? Racing through the supermarket the thought comes: Do I even like my job anymore? And on the train during the long commute to work your mind whispers: Is it possible there is a better way?
(Hint: the answers are No, Probably not, Absolutely!)
And it’s in this spirit of a new year, new start that we bring you a snapshot of the career opportunities just waiting for you to snap up – right now – in the spectacular Orana region.
Career Focus: Wellington
The Department of Justice is currently running a drive to recruit Corrective Service Officers for the Wellington area. This is an amazing opportunity to secure a government position in a fantastic location. Enjoy a competitive salary, job security and flexible work arrangements, with full-time and casual positions available. A paid, ten-week training program is provided for successful applicants, and there are opportunities for further career advancement. Realise the dream of working and living in regional NSW.
Five reasons to pack your bags and head for Wellington:
- Affordable housing. With median house prices around the $150K mark, you can finally kiss renting goodbye without the stress of a huge mortgage. A range of properties are available, including heritage listings, units and duplexes – or snap up a rural or residential block and design your own dream home.
- Access to quality education. Wellington offers a diverse mix of primary and secondary schools, with both public and private options. Playgroups and preschools cater for little learners and there is also a local TAFE College.
- A serious sporting community. How do you make new friends when you move to a new town? You join a club, that’s how! New team = new mates. Wellington has plenty of opportunities for sports enthusiasts including golf, soccer, swimming, cricket, fishing, netball, rugby league and racing.
- Not sporty? Wellington also has a rich and supportive creative community including an amateur theatrical society and an arts collective. You could join the local branch of the Country Women’s Association and perfect those scones once and for all. The kids can get involved in Scouts or Guides, or consider the Rotary Club, Lions Club, Probus Club or Red Cross Society.
- Essential services are close at hand when you need them. Wellington has a range of medical centres and clinics, plus a district hospital.
What are you waiting for? Polish up the Resume and start writing those applications. See you in Wellington soon (you’ll be the one with the smug smile, fat wallet and plenty of leisure time!)
Career Focus: Gilgandra
While we’re on the subject of new careers, let’s take a trip up the Newell Highway to discover even more employment opportunities! Gilgandra Shire Council is currently inviting applications for the following positions: